Smile = architecture of the face + psychophysical well-being = oral health
Orthodontics is the medical specialty whose purpose is to correct dental-skeletal malocclusions and balance non harmonic variances in the smile and face. The all-round benefit is functional (breathing, chewing, body posture), aesthetic, and psychological: it allows people to feel better within themselves and with others.
The “targets” of orthodontic treatment are:
– facial bones
– periodontal tissues (gums and bone that surrounds tooth roots)
– muscles and joints of the mouth, neck and body posture – masticatory function (chewing)
– respiratory function (breathing)
It is not true that:
- “Crooked” teeth always involve dysfunctional problems
- An orthodontic treatment is necessarily better – but the sooner, the better. Timng is of the essence.
It is true that:
- “Crooked” teeth can be corrected, at any age
- A beautiful smile can change your life
- The most important and most difficult part of an orthodontic treatment is the finishing stage.